I was reading Kelsey's blog the other day, and noticed that Dave and I were on her "dead blogs" list. Well, we aren't dead! I will excuse that though, since it has been nearly a year since I posted anything, and I can see how you got that idea. I can't say all that much has changed in the past year. No, we don't have any munchkins running around yet. Nor have we changed jobs or anything. Just the boring old day to day here. Tomorrow is Dave's birthday #32! Yes, he is feeling old.
Today I have card club down in the valley after work. This is where me and 19 other ladies, including my sister, make 20 cards each then get together every few months and swap. You have to make 20 of the exact same card, which can be time consuming and even dull after like the 15th or so. But after it's over, you end up with 20 different, very cool handmade cards, to use for every occasion. I usually am very bad at procrastinating the making of mine until the weekend before the set club date when we are all supposed to swap. I don't think it would be quite such a tedious process if I did them over time, but I don't really see that happening any time soon! Oh well.
This summer, I flew to Virginia to spend a week on vacation with my family. Everyone was sick as a dog as soon as we got to the condo. It turns out my whole family had come down with the swine flu. My dad was determined that I didn't get it (I love my dad). He bought clorox wipes, and hand sanitizer for everyone. He wiped everything down in the condo like 500 times a day and kept washing everything. I was not allowed to touch anything without a wipe, or go anywhere without my sanitizer! In the end, to everyone's amazement, it worked! I didn't get sick! I was almost on my own for a couple of days, but after that most of my family was able to get up and enjoy to rest of the week with me. We ended up having a really good time, and I was still able to be glad that I went.
On Sunday, my dad declared a contest for all adult family members. It is to help motivate everyone to get into shape. It is based on miles exercised, and we created conversions for pretty much everyone's favorite type of exercise. The winner gets $100. I have started my routine back up, and though I am not in bad shape, I definitely wasn't exercising on what could be considered a regular basis. I do like to win though, and since my dad always gets at least 20 miles a week in, I've had to step things up. I think maybe he came up with it because he knows he is the only one who consistently works out, and wants us all to pay him for it! I wouldn't put it past him to be sneaky-sneaky like that!
0 comments:
Post a Comment