BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 24, 2008

Been A While

Sorry, I know it's been a while since my last post. Here it is almost Thanksgiving now already!
My little brother has been out on his mission for well over a month now and he is doing great. I miss him still, but send letters and packages at least once a week.
I got a membership to the Silver Mountain Sports Club in Park City at the end of September and I love it. It feels so good to have a regular fitness regimen.
This weekend, like so many others, I spent at my parents house in the valley. Dave current schedule has him working weekends, so he likes for me to have company so I don't get too bored. It started out like so many other weekends, but last night, somewhere in the middle of the night, my tooth started to hurt. This in itself may not be abnormal, since I was blessed with my Dad's really bad teeth, that like to go bad no matter what you do. The difference was that this pain got worse and worse through the night, and by this morning it hurt so bad that I wanted to die! I called my dentist office and they were pretty quick at setting me up an emergency appointment. When I finally got into the chair, things sure didn't look up very quickly. First, the girl told me that she needed an x-ray (fine, ok I said). Next she says that she has to stick it way down between the teeth and my gums and so it would probably pinch a bit. Just so you know, I was already in so much pain, that tears ran uncontrollably down my cheeks. She sticks this thing in my mouth, and it doesn't pinch....no it slices through the tissue that is attatched to my tongue! Next as I sit there still crying (only worse now), she proceeds to ask me if want my six month check-up. Are you kidding?! Does that really seem like what I need right now? Now she says that they need to call my insurance to check up on pricing so that I can give to OK to whatever it's going to cost. All this takes over an hour, and they have still not done anything for the pain in my mouth except to make it worse! Finally, the "shot" girl comes in to numb me up. She actually thinks that I am crying because of the shot she is about to give me rather than the unbearable pain that is already in my mouth! I have a very high tolerance for pain medication (meaning that it takes a whole lot to do anything, especially with the "caine" drugs). Because of this, the pain was hardly over after the first, second, or third shots. The dentist in fact ended giving me multiple shots during the course of the root canal, because he was obviously causing me more pain then there should be. Sometime in the middle of the procedure, he claims that it has to drain, and leaves me for another 45 minutes, mouth open with a bunch of nasty junk in there an devices to keep me from closing it. After it is finally over, they give me pain killer and antibiotic prescriptions that I can't pick up because I am very ill from so much medication with no food in my stomach. I go back to my parents house and lay down, my body going back and forth between hot sweats and freezing chills. All this is why I am still at my parents house now instead of back home getting ready for work tomorrow. I really hope I am capable of driving home soon, because I still feel crappy right now, and really do have to go to work tomorrow. Not the greatest day I guess.

1 comments:

kelsey said...

you poor thing! I hope you get better quick!