BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Play Dates


So, my main full time job is a nanny. I nanny for two beautiful little girls, Sophia - 5, and Paige - 2 and a half. I have been with them since Paige was 3 months old. I am lucky to have a sister (Jamie) that lives not too far away, with a 2 and a half year old little girl of her own (Kayleigh), and also a seven month old boy (Benjamin). We have play dates every week with the girls and have sort of made this a tradition. We do all kinds of things, from play places, to museums, parks, and crafts. This week we went to the Scarecrow Festival at Thanksgiving Point. There were games and bouncers for the kids, pumpkins, and face painting. There was also live music and dancers from local dance studios. Paige loved the dancing, especially the "street-type" stuff that a group of boys showed off. As she played around in the grass, it was clear she showed amazing promise at that type of dance. It was pretty funny to watch. These dates are something that my sister and I and all of the kids look forward to very much. For us, it means some nice grown up interaction time, and for them, extra playmates.

0 comments: